2. We would like to emphasize that we take the protection of your privacy and your personal data very seriously and that we process your data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
3.1Personal Information: Your name, address, phone number, email address, user name, password, feedback, IP address and location, digital device name, type and configuration, details relating to your download of publications (including details relating to the time of the download, any interruptions, and the success or failure of the downloads), the URL from which you accessed the Website, demographic information, and other such 'Personal Information'.
3.2General Information: We also receive more general information from you as a result of your visits to, and use of the Website This general information does not identify you personally, and can include information such as your IP address, the length of time you spend on the Website, your browsing history, and other such 'General Information'.
4. Treatment of Personal Information:
4.1We may collect your Personal Information to enable us, amongst other things, to provide access to the Website. We take all steps reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. If ETG becomes subject to a merger, consolidation or acquisition, we would be obliged to transfer your Personal Information to a third party, and in such case we would require that the third party handles your Personal Information with no less care than taken by us.
4.2The email address you provide for order processing will only be used to send you information and updates, validate you as a Customer when using our services, to respond to your enquiries and requests to prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of or damage to our services or networks; to prosecute those responsible to contact you to invite you to form part of our consumer panel or various research groups etc. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time by following the instructions included at the bottom of each email, or by contacting us via our Website.
4.3We may also collect your General Information to allow us, amongst other things, to better understand our users and improve the layout and functionality of the Website.
4.4We may use and disclose anonymous information, including aggregate anonymous information derived from your Personal Information, to inform publishers, partners, trusted affiliates, advertisers, and other interested parties as to the usage habits or characteristics of our customer base, and to serve any other business purposes.
i. Use of other companies and/or individuals to perform functions on its behalf (e.g. providing customer service, domestic or international data hosting/storage services on cloud or otherwise), and in such circumstances these companies or individuals will be provided access to only such Personal Information required to fulfill their functions (and only on the agreement that they not use your Personal Information for any other purposes); and
ii. Purposes intended to deliver publications to you, verify your account information, verify access to publications, determine whether you meet the minimum system requirements for use of the Service, provide you tailored content and instructions, targeted promotions, provide customer support, and seek your input regarding the Website
4.6 Apart from the aforesaid, we may use third party service providers to help us operate our business, the Website, or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We will only share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes if you have given us your permission to do so.
5. To keep your Personal Information safe, we ensure that sensitive and private data exchanges between you and Website happen over a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)-secured communication channel and are encrypted and protected with digital signatures. SSL-secured communication channels are specially designed to protect personal and sensitive information, which is sent over the internet.
6. Where we require personal data to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory. if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal data is optional.
7. You may ask ETG for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase or restrict its processing, or to ask us to assist you to transfer some of this information to other organizations. You may also have rights to object to some processing activities, such as the profiling we may perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we have a legal requirement to process your data. If you withdraw your consent to certain processing, we will not process your data any further, but withdrawal of your consent will have no effect on any data we have already processed based on your consent at the time.
8. You may review or update the Personal Information that we hold in respect of your account by contacting using the “Contact Us” option at the foot of this Policy. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out, you can do so by using the above option.
9. The time periods for which we keep your information may vary according to the use or purpose attached to the information. Unless there is a specific legal requirement requiring us to keep your information, we will not keep it for longer than necessary for the purpose for which the information was collected or for which it is to be processed.
Thank you for your cooperation.
For any questions, please contact us - moc.dlrowgte@ofni